Saturday 16 August 2008

Origami Biro & Joy of Box play Big Chill!


Origami Biro and Joy of Box are booked for 4 Festivals this summer!
My illustrations are incorporated into live visuals in the form of an illustrated book accompanying poetry by Origamibiro. The book itself will continue to grow and change throughout this year incorporating more of my work as the project progresses.
Combining Accoustic, electronica and classical, Origami Biro & The Joy Of Box's live show comprises a variety of mediums and methods. All the music is performed live on stage and manipulated using looper pedals and effects. Samples of interlacing classical guitar part harmonies and rhythmic textures (such as - pencils being sharpened, paper being torn and beats tapped out on boxes and wood) are captured by spy cameras attached to microphones that Jim feeds to projectors that screen the images behind them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey!! nice blog innit.

really like your upside down tree.....very beautiful.

hows life back home? tristan

My photo
Inspired by Circuses, Victoriana, and Surrealism I create collage’s combining the past and present through a mixture of found imagery, illustration, photography and drawing. Working with collage and my trusted photocopier I create all of my work by hand, frequenting second hand shops, car boot sales and markets to build up my ever growing archive of second hand books, magazines, photographs and postcards. I always create my work by hand, only using a computer for layout at final stages. I like my illustration to have a certain tangibility, a quality that cannot be captured by digital means alone, even if that is as small as a blob of ink or a smudge on a photocopy.